Our clients let their homes for many reasons…. they may be working abroad and want to keep a foothold in the UK property market… or they may be an investor wanting a better long term return than banks or insurance companies can offer. Property rental is an attractive option for numerous reasons.
Briefly, we offer…
TENANT FINDING ONLY:
- Initial marketing appraisal and advice
- Marketing on rightmove.co.uk & OnTheMarket property websites
- Professional Inventory prepared with copies to both landlord and tenant
- Tenant referencing including employers and credit agency checks
- Full legal documentation including tenancy agreement and any necessary notices
- Registration of the tenants deposit to comply with the law
All of the above plus:
- Periodic inspections of the property
- Rent collected and forwarded to your nominated bank account
- Rent chasing for slow paying tenants
- A point of contact for the tenant to avoid you being at the tenants beck and call
- We will deal with repairs, either arranging for cost effective repairs and maintenance or using your own contacts should you prefer. We will never carry out work without your instructions
- Landlord buildings and contents insurance arranged with specialist companies. Your standard insurance is unlikely to cover rentals.
- Rent Guarantee and legal expenses cover. This doesn’t cost as much as you would think for peace of mind
WHY CHOOSE PAUL CHILLINGSWORTH HOMES?
We are fully bonded with full protection of all monies held via the NALS (National Approved Lettings Scheme), one of the industry’s leading Professional bodies, Client’s Money Protection Scheme and to underscore this, are members of Safeagent. We are also bound by the rules of the Ombudsman for Estate Agents. All client’s money is kept in separate audited Clients accounts. Remember if you choose an agent without these safeguards you could end up THOUSANDS OF POUNDS OUT OF POCKET.
Our team has a wealth of property experience collectively and we can safely handle your property from the initial rental assessment to the end of the tenancy. We will advise on :-
THE RIGHT RENT
This is crucial as an empty property loses its landlord money. The wrong advice or asking £50 too much, could lead to your property hanging around un-let for an extra couple of months, losing you valuable money in rent.
Presentation & correct marketing is vital. We are based in the heart of the selling and letting area of the city with huge numbers of prospective tenants calling in and phoning. Internet marketing via our own website, the UK`s leading property websites, Rightmove and OnTheMarket. Remember, when letting a property the same rules apply as with “selling” anything else a well presented property will let quicker and attract both a better tenant and a better rental figure.
We will show potential tenants around the property and carefully select the right tenant for you. We will check the background of the tenant, confirm their employment status, previous rental history and credit rating. Once all of the checks have been made we will make our recommendations to you.
If the tenant’s referencing is less than 100% we will request the tenant provide a satisfactory guarantor, someone who will guarantee payment of the rent. We will then take up references on the guarantor to protect you, the landlord, as much as possible.
A Tenancy Agreement and all necessary Notices will be prepared in a form that will give the owner full rights to possession at the end of the tenancy. A simple tenancy agreement is not sufficient protection.
A security deposit of 5 weeks rent will be taken from the tenant, which will be held in a separate client’s account. This is held during the tenancy to give financial protection against any damage caused to the property and/or any outstanding rent.
We will prepare a comprehensive Inventory of the property. This is to be fair to both parties and to avoid any misunderstandings at the end of the term. An Inventory or Schedule of Condition is essential and also a legal requirement of the Housing Act 2004 to protect you, the landlord, in any later disputes.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL